Our History image

Our History

CK has a long and proud history, being able to trace its roots back to 1884 when Mr Clement Keys qualified as a Chartered Accountant and put up his brass plate in West Bromwich with an office in Birmingham opening a few years later.

Clement Keys has retained strong links to the keys family, with Geoffrey Keys joining his father as a partner in the practice after the end of the First World War followed by two further generations. CK still retains a strong link to the original Clement Keys with current Partner Belinda Morgan being a descendant.

In 1970 a merger with Gough & Wright brought in four additional partners and their staff creating a considerably larger firm and in 1985 a new office in Brierley Hill was opened. 1994 saw a split between the Birmingham office and the Black Country Offices and CK in its current form was born, moving to our current offices in 2007.